CBD in the coffee industry has become increasingly popular and has been showing up in cafes everywhere. Due to the consumer craze, there is now a wide range of CBD products available that can easily be incorporated into any cafe - add it to coffee, smoothies, baked into pastries or sold as grab and go items. All of these have pretty healthy margins that make CBD something worth considering.
Before you jump on the CBD train you may have a few questions about it. Here is a quick overview of CBD to give you some answers.
Is it legal?
- CBD derived from Hemp is legal in New York states as long as it contains less than 0.3 THC.
- CBD derived from Marijuana is not legal.
- There are no restrictions on age for usage of CBD derived from hemp.
- We recommend storing lab reports from your CBD suppliers behind the counter so you can prove the source.
Why add it to the menu?
- Substantial up-charge: between 200-300%
- Add a new interesting product that you can market
- Offer a healing and wellness option
- 10-25mg - first time users
- Differs depending on product, tolerance and method of consumption
How does it work?
- Operates with the human endocannibanoid system
- Non-psychoactive meaning it doesn't get you 'high'
- CBD oil is derived from the hemp plant not marijuana
- CBD contains no (less than 0.3%) THC
- Takes the edge of caffeine effecting feelings of alertness and calm
What types of CBD products are available?
- Oil: Drinks, Food
- Syrup: Cold & Hot Drinks
- Edibles: Grab & Go
Check out our full range of CBD products HERE.
*The legal landscape around CBD is changing rapidly both at the Federal and State level. The information in this article and any other communication regarding legality which you may receive from a CUPS team member is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You must make your own judgment regarding whether you should purchase CBD.